Long considered an integral part of a school’s support system, school counselors bring a wealth of insight and resources to a variety of student-centered issues. School counselors design and deliver school counseling programs that improve student outcomes. They lead, advocate and collaborate to promote equity and access for all students by connecting their school counseling program to the school’s academic mission and school improvement plan. School counselors play an important role in ensuring that students have excellent educational experiences. They are part of a school support team who provide essential social-emotional support in addition to academic support.
The Indian School Sur provides professional counseling services to enrolled students & staff and parents as well as a range of workshops, mental health training programs and provides helpful resources. The major objectives of the school counseling department is to support and empower students in the academic, personal, social and emotional aspects. The goal of every session with the school counselor is to help student’s thrive and recognize their strengths, as well as improve their interpersonal relationships.
Appropriate activities include providing:
- To guide and prepare the students overcome obstacles and difficulties that may come across during their studies
- Individual student academic planning and goal setting
- School counseling classroom lessons based on student success standards
- Short-term counseling to students and parental counseling sessions
- Referrals for long-term support and collaboration with families/teachers/ administrators/ community for student success
- Advocacy for students at individual education plan meetings and other student-focused meetings
- Data analysis to identify student issues, needs and challenges
- Acting as a systems change agent to improve equity and access, achievement and opportunities for all students
- Provide support to teachers by serving an important part of the complete team that addresses the educational goals and needs of their students.
- Ensures confidentiality and professionalism as is expected by the code of ethics
- Individual counseling
- Group counseling
Behavior modification programs
Do you have questions?
Indian School Sur,
P.O. Box :158,
Postal code:411, Sur Sultanate of Oman